Roleplay Fans Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games Overlooked

3 posters

Go down

Games Overlooked Empty Games Overlooked

Post by Rhi'a Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:00 am

Oh, I'm sure you know of them. These unpopular games, games no one pays attention to...but one day, you read about it, bought it on a whim, or played it at another person's house, and found out the game was really wonderful. Sure, it does have a few problems, maybe not those fancy 3D graphics everyone desires, maybe it had a few awkward glitches....or maybe the game lags too much or is just too slow in general. You've played them, some of you.
Example: Muramasa: The Demon Blade. This game can seem like a hack-and-slash, and is probably undesirable for those who are averse to playing games with possesion and the like, but I guess that just means you're playing it wrong. The game comes in two modes, and if you play the harder one, you have to know how to utilize your special sword skills, "Quick Draws", and items to get through the levels. It's got lovely 2D graphics in a Japanese style, and two separate plotlines (with alternate endings).
Of course, I'm forgetting the older forgotten games. Secret of Mana, of course, and I think Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest is, too. Too bad they're for SNES...I'm pretty sure that my SNES is gunna die on me any day now Sad Luckily for me, SoM is an app for the iPhone. Yay for portable console games!

Umm...yeah. I guess I made this forum to discuss those lonely, discarded games. I guess. I dunno.
Rhi'a
Rhi'a
Adventurer

Location : On the Zifnir (it's a pleasure cruise ship on the sandsea!)

Back to top Go down

Games Overlooked Empty Re: Games Overlooked

Post by Spiritvoice Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:24 am

I've always had a special place in my heart for "Stretch Panic." It was in a stack of games that my dad got really cheap, but I enjoyed it the few times i;ve tried t oplay it, despite the fact I never got to far in it. It's kind of awkward, storyline-wise, but it also has a good message hidden under the layers of strange beauty-obsessed monster-things... Deep...deep under the many layers of strange monster-things...
Spiritvoice
Spiritvoice

Back to top Go down

Post by Viviana Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Not sure how popular Children of Mana was but I played the game when I was younger and not many people (besides Spirit) knew about the game. I never could beat it though. I always got stuck at the same spot near the end of the game. Well the game allowed you to play a girl, a boy, a little boy, and a rabbit man. Each had three different color styles to chose from however the sprite would be the only thing changed. The picture if your character was talking would be the defult picture.
Also another game, Luna: Dragon Song. Was a really neat game. You played as a delievry boy who eventually gains special rings which allow him to use elemental attacks. There were two races in the game, humans and beastmen. I loved the one beastgirl who could join you on your team.
Viviana
Viviana
Admin

https://roleplayfanscentral.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down